When we use Solidworks to bend busbars, we will use hydraulic copper busbar bender. Now we will talk about how SolidWorks to use on hydraulic copper busbar bender.
SolidWorks is an efficient parametric 3D design software. The software adopts a top-down design method, which is very convenient to realize the modeling, assembly, and generation of engineering drawings of complex 3D parts. In addition. The Animator plug-in integrated with SolidWorks itself can realize the motion simulation and animation of the mechanism. In the simulation, the calculation is based on the rigid object.
Therefore, the deformation animation of the flexible object, such as the bending deformation of the object, cannot be made by conventional methods. However, SolidWorks is equipped with a VBA interface. A VBA program is established to realize the reconstruction of the parts. And the reconstruction process is recorded into AVI video format with the screen capture function. And then an animation file is made with Ulead GIF Animator. The animation can be used as a numerical control system interface instructions. Especially when the secondary bending, the busbar is placed in the language is not easy to express, animation makes the user better understand the operation process.
Busbar refers to a product made of copper or aluminum with high electrical conductivity, used to transmit electrical energy. And has the ability to collect and distribute electric power. Bus bar bender machine is a special machine tool for busbar bending. Numerical control bus bar bender machine three-dimensional simple principle is shown in Figure 1. The punch with the same, the concave die is pushed by the hydraulic cylinder, when the hydraulic cylinder stretches out to push the bus close to the punch, the bus began to bend, the two half Angle began to rotate, bending to the required Angle, the hydraulic cylinder drives the concave die back. If the secondary bending requires the bus to be a “Z” shape, the busbar should be placed as shown below.
3 D model building and interference checking of the hydraulic copper busbar bender.
The punch, die and half Angle parts in the figure above are modeled by drawing and cutting. But for the busbar model, the model is modeled according to the sheet metal parts, that is, after generating a rectangular sketch, select the matrix flange in the sheet metal to generate a sheet metal part, and then establish two “drawn bending” features in the bending position of the two sides of the matrix flange respectively, the Angle is 0.1 degree, the bending radius is the punch radius, enter 9mm here. As shown in the figure below.
In the assembly file will connect as shown in figure 1 relationship between the individual parts are assembled, the punch fixed, die and two and a half Angle for coaxial, busbar bending in two and two and a half Angle plane respectively, on the back also, choose to die in the middle of the symmetry plane of symmetry plane and punch, punch the symmetry plane of overlap and busbar bending line sketch. This coordination is convenient for the production of later animation, and the use of the interference check function can find the problems existing at the beginning of the design of parts, such as whether the bus will encounter a concave die after bending.
Animation Simulation Production of the hydraulic copper busbar bender.
To make the busbar bending process more realistic, you can remove the edges at the bending by right-clicking on the assembly and selecting Document Properties, and selecting Remove from the part/assembly uppercut display shown/selected in System Options, as shown in the first image.
2.1 Mobile animation.
Add a linear motor to the die, make the die move towards the punch, define the punch and the bus as contact, select the basic motion, calculate the motion example, save the animation as Bend 1, as shown in the fourth image.
2.2 Bending Animation.
(1) Model modification. Before making the bending animation, the symmetrical plane of the punch and the sketch of the bending line of the bus should be condensed and compressed, and a circular arc surface of the punch and the small circular arc surface on the back of the busbar bending should be added in concentric fit.
(2) Add mathematical relations. Click the menu [Tools] and select [Equation (E)], the dialog box of the equation pops up, select Add, select the value at bending 1 with the mouse, and add the following equation to the relationship.
That is, each time the reconstruction, the degree of bending is increased by 1 degree than the original, click the OK button twice to exit the equation dialog box.
(3) Open the recording video. Adjust the size of the SolidWorks workspace and select Record Video. Enter the file name Bend 2 in the “Record Screen Capture to a File” dialog box that pops up. Other options are the system default.
Run the VBA program.
- Click the menu bar [Tools] and select [New] under [Macro] to pop up the VBA editing dialog box. Enter the following code:
- Code input after the completion of preservation, call to the interface of SolidWorks, adjust the size of the work area, run the macro program, reconstruction of macros in the pop-up dialog box input to bending degree, the default is 30 degrees, click ok, you can see with each reconstruction, busbar bending degree will change, reconstruction after the completion of the pop-up prompt box “bending”, Click OK and then click the Stop Video Recording button. Now open the generated AVI file, you can see the bus bending process.
3 Receding animation of the die.
- (1) Model modification. Compress the two backsides of the bus bend and the two half Angle planes respectively.
- (2) the receding die. Add a linear motor to the die, make the die away from the punch, select the basic motion, calculate the motion example, save the animation as Bend 3, the effect is shown in the second image.
4 Busbar flipping motion animation.
- (1) After the bus is turned over, the bus is placed according to the initial state. The relevant fit is the same as the initial modeling, as shown in the second figure.
- (2) Move the moving surface. Do the same as in 2.1, save the animation as Bend 4.
5 Double bending animation.
- Step 2.2 to cooperate to modify, Tian bends two mathematical relationships, video recording, save for bending 5, run in front of the macro program, the bend is complete, stop the video recording, get the animation of the secondary bending.
6 Double bend back animation.
- Modify with 2.3, add linear motor, make the die away from the punch, save the animation as Bend 6.
- For more information about busbar bending please check the following.
- Hydraulic busbar bending machine